The role of the Benefits System Administrator is to manage the administration of client benefit plans placed with insurance companies. These benefit plans will include life insurance, disability and medical.
The administrator is responsible for:
- Client employees are covered for the right benefits in line with the clients’ plan design
- Data on the TBS platform reflects all HR activities of the clients such as new hires, job changes and leavers/terminations by processing HR/census data from the client
- That the right cover is in place with the insurance company providing the benefit plan and that the right premium is paid
The administrator is responsible for the set up of rules on the TBS platform and for performing the administration tasks. As such the administrator will be working with the Aon client teams, the insurance companies and with clients.
- Accurately processing transactions and queries by following procedures correctly and meeting agreed deadlines.
- Following client specific requirements to meet each clients’ exact needs.
- Applying the processes and procedures of the team in daily work.
- Achieving team and individual targets (KPIs, SLAs, quality targets).
- Reviewing and updating procedures and documentation.
- Contributing to the team as a whole, supporting the rest of the team based on their needs (a buddy to less experienced colleagues and supporting more senior colleagues).
- Maintaining required levels of technical knowledge and behavioural standards, especially all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Building strong relationships with client teams, client representatives and third-party providers.
- Communicating with relevant parties using the appropriate communication channel and language.
- Performing additional tasks as requested by your manager.
- Configuring the TBS benefit platform to reflect the rules and design of the benefit plan (tailoring prebuilt items in a defined way)
- Configuring TBS to manage simplified data flows (census and provider files)
- Building new style imports (from example templates)
- Resolve issues and risks, taking ownership of assigned mitigating actions
- Taking ownerships of actions and defects from user acceptance testing and implementing solutions
- Supporting system releases in the form of test support
- Escalating identified risks and proposing recommendations for mitigation.
- At least B2+ English and Spanish level
- Advanced Microsoft office suite knowledge
- Database technologies: SQL (nice to have) / Knowledge of Databases
- Web technologies: HTML (nice to have), CSS (nice to have)
- Knowledge of technology solutions including commercial HR packages
- Configuration: Content Management System, Kentico (nice to have)
- Understanding of the development and support principles within a multi-tier application technology environment
- Analytical skills and thinking out of the box
- Ability to pay attention to details and get things right
- Spotless record and strong ethos
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Generous benefits package for your wellbeing (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers, and many more!)
- Stability of employment and permanent contract after trial period
- Brand new office supporting collaboration, flexibility and activity based working
- Internal career opportunities and individual development plan
- Unique workplace culture – we value openness, honesty and authenticity, so don’t expect formal dress code nor managers hidden behind closed doors
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues