Independent Model Review (IMR) is a specialist quantitative group within the Risk department which independently validates HSBC’s models.
Model types include Asset Management models, Economic Capital models, Financial Vulnerability Models, Global Markets Trading & Hedging models, Insurance Risk models, Retail Credit Risk models, Stress Testing and Scenario Analysis models, Traded Risk Models and Wholesale Credit Risk models. This includes the traditional model types as well as modern approaches such as machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) IMR has a significant and well established Centre of Excellence in Krakow and we are now offering Internship opportunities for qualified Masters or PhD students and graduates. During your time spent with HSBC you will have the opportunity to work as part of a Global Function within a Global Bank and to assist in the delivery of model appraisals.
From the first day of your internship, you will be paired with a supervisor that will offer you their expertise and experience. You will also be assigned trainings that will broaden your knowledge and will help you get up to speed with your tasks and responsibilities.
• Development of a Matlab library of codes used for pricing of financial instruments
• Learning about different pricing methods, data sources
• Working effectively with other quantitative analysts in a diverse and inclusive environment
• Participating in project management tasks associated with the project
• Studying towards Masters or PhD in one of the following areas: Programming, Quantitative Finance, Mathematics or Engineering discipline,
• Strong programming background in Matlab, C++, C# or any other Object Oriented Programming Language
• Good Quantitative Skills
• Ability to form effective relationships with persons of various levels of technical capabilities,
• Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written),
• Logical and Innovative mindset,
• Good knowledge of Finance is a plus
• Availability 20h – 40h weekly.
• 3 months paid internship in professional team and international environment
• The opportunity to be part of a leading Centre of excellence where a dynamic learning environment thrives career-path in an international organization,