Independent Model Review – Internship
Ref No: IMR/INT/07/2018
As an integral component of HSBC’s Risk Management Framework, the purpose of Independent Model Review (IMR) is to assess all models used within the Group. The function provides the Group’s Management, Regulators and Shareholders with the necessary assurance that the Bank’s models are well controlled and fit for purpose. This is achieved through:
- best in class technical expertise, analysis and challenge;
- in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, business and market practice;
- Examination of model risk including assumptions, limitations and implications of the use of a model.
Model types include Asset Management models, Economic Capital models, Financial Vulnerability Models, Global Markets Trading & Hedging models, Insurance Risk models, Retail Credit Risk models, Stress Testing and Scenario Analysis models, Traded Risk Models and Wholesale Credit Risk models.
IMR already has a large presence in Krakow and we are now offering Internship opportunities for qualified Master or PhD students. During your time spent with HSBC you will have the opportunity to work as part of a Global Function within a Global Bank and to assist in the delivery of Model appraisals.
From the first day of your internship, you will be paired with a supervisor that will offer you their expertise and experience. You will also be assigned trainings that will broaden your knowledge and will help you get up to speed with your tasks and responsibilities.
If your performance exceeds expectations, you might be considered for a full time graduate positions as well.
As an intern in the Global Service Centre in Krakow you will be involved in tasks regarding model reviews but also in administrative and project management related activities.
- Studying, implementing and preparing presentations around financial models and concepts
- Analyzing models, identifying modelling assumptions and limitations for HSBC models in Market Risk or Credit Risk,
- Working effectively with other quantitative analysts in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Working in VBA
- Writing documentation for new VBA systems that are currently being implemented
- Participating in project management tasks such as reporting, preparing presentations, writing meeting minutes, tracking project progress
- Preparing presentations for senior management regarding status and progress of model reviews, team’s performance
- Performing analysis of data quality within model reporting tools
The above tasks will be assigned to you based on your experience, area of expertise but also on what you would like to focus on most during your internship.
- Masters or PhD in one of the following areas: Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Economics or Engineering discipline,
- Strong technical background and an interest in quantitative analytics and financial modelling,
- Ability to form effective relationships with persons of various levels of technical capabilities,
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written),
- Logical and Innovative mindset,
- Availability 20h – 40h weekly.
- 3 months paid internship in professional team and international environment,
- Consistent scope of responsibilities,
- Interesting path of career in an international organization.
To apply for this position please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter in English using email, including the name of the position:
Applications sent to us will be taken into consideration only if they include the following statement:
“I hereby declare that I have familiarized myself with the Privacy Statement for Applicants published at http://www.about.hsbc.pl/careers and I hereby give consent for personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of recruitment in HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o. o. according to rules described in the Privacy Statement for Applicants, as per the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).”
In case you would like to resign from participation in recruitment process or withdraw previously sent to us application, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org