Would you like to oversee and to grow the infrastructure of a true big data company?
Keep a keen eye on 200+ machines and an ever-increasing cloud infrastructure that collects more than 2 billion price observations. Provide insights for the development team and learn new things one day at a time.
Infare, an airfare intelligence provider with more than 130 employees on board, offers a career opportunity for a Junior Monitoring Engineer. Our new colleague would keep an eye on our massive infrastructure: 200+ machines plus a constantly growing cloud-based environment and 2+ billion daily price observations used by 240+ airlines, airports and travel agencies. S/he would also provide improvements for our development team and create new tools used all Infare’s offices in Krakow, Copenhagen, Berlin and Vilnius. This is a rare opportunity to co-create an innovative team at a true BigData company while broadening one’s experience together with an international crew of talented engineers!
Areas of responsibility:
– Diagnosing the issues in the system and responding to them;
– Monitoring and responding to system failures;
– Participating in gathering the requirements and dashboards;
– Taking part in on-call duties;
– Proactive input and suggestions;
– Creating and maintaining technical and process documentation.
– Experience in a similar IT-related position;
– General understanding of IT processes;
– Basic knowledge about databases, especially SQL and Elasticsearch;
– Basic knowledge of networking, OS & platforms;
– Ability to work on on-call duty;
– Eagerness to learn;
– Flexibility, ability to work independently;
– Very good English.
It would be a plus if you have:
– Previous experience on DBA/QA/SQL/SYS position or relevant;
– Experience with ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana);
– Bash/Python/PowerShell knowledge;
– Knowledge of Hadoop/Spark;
– Ansible/Networking/OS skills.
What we offer:
– Work in a dynamic fast-growing global company with non-corporate, easy-going, enthusiastic yet result-driven atmosphere, flat structure and individual approach to each employee;
– Possibility to work from home;
– Private Health care(Lux Med);
– Free parking space (if applicable);
– Free lunches and snacks;
– A comfortable, geek-friendly office with a gaming touch.