For a project with our client 1010data, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer for the NOC.
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to help support the Network Operations Center, 1010data’s platform in the cloud and datacenter. As a 1010data engineer, you will be adept at finding the right technology balance to solve problems quickly and efficiently, while creating a maintainable environment that can evolve as technologies change. This role is highly independent so you should have the mindset of working towards goals vs. just following instructions. If you have a passion for high-performance computing, then you will be instrumental in building tools to manage a highly scalable, 24/7 available platform for data analysis. 1010data’s production environment is unlike any other; making the ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop new technologies crucial.
– Provide monitoring and support of all company server infrastructure, network, and platform applications.
– Supporting cloud (AWS and Azure) environments.
– Supporting datacenter environments (Dell, VMWare).
– Testing and performing change requests.
– Provide Level 1 and Level 2 troubleshooting.
– Collaborating with other Engineers.
– Some software development (C, Python, K) might be needed to support infrastructure.
– Reporting on Risks, Incidents and Identify and documenting Root Cause.
– Developing and Maintaining DevOps CI/CD Pipelines.
– Be part of a 24/7/365 team to support the environment, that will include nightshifts.
Skills / Experience Required:
– 1 – 2 years of NOC and DevOps experience.
– Understanding software development (C, Python, web, etc.)
– Some background with Linux internals.
– Public cloud infrastructure (Azure and AWS) is a plus.
– Knowledge of Systems and Network Infrastructure and experience troubleshooting problems.
– Familiarity in monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Grafana.Familiarity with Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence.
– Scripting languages and IaC tool (Python, Bash, PowerShell, Terraform, Ansible).
– Ability and interest to learn a new programming language.
– Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, or other related fields.