HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o. is a part of HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from over 6,300 offices in over 75 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organizations.
Currently, we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
Quantitative Internship – Independent Model Review
For the HSBC Independent Model Review Centre of Excellence
Ref No: IMR/INT/08/2018
Independent Model Review (IMR) is a specialist quantitative group within the Risk department which independently validates HSBC’s models.
Model types include Asset Management models, Economic Capital models, Financial Vulnerability Models, Global Markets Trading & Hedging models, Insurance Risk models, Retail Credit Risk models, Stress Testing and Scenario Analysis models, Traded Risk Models and Wholesale Credit Risk models. This includes the traditional model types as well as modern approaches such as machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI)
IMR has a significant and well established Centre of Excellence in Krakow and we are now offering Internship opportunities for qualified Masters or PhD students and graduates. During your time spent with HSBC you will have the opportunity to work as part of a Global Function within a Global Bank and to assist in the delivery of model appraisals.
From the first day of your internship, you will be paired with a supervisor that will offer you their expertise and experience. You will also be assigned trainings that will broaden your knowledge and will help you get up to speed with your tasks and responsibilities.
If your performance exceeds expectations, you could be considered for a full time position upon conclusion of the internship. This is subject to the existence of a suitable vacancy at the time.
- Analysing models, identifying modelling assumptions and limitations for new or existing HSBC models in the fields of Market Risk or Credit Risk,
- Performing research into modelling methodologies,
- Working in environments such as Excel and VBA, SAS, Matlab, R and Python,
- Working effectively with other quantitative analysts in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Studying, implementing and preparing presentations about financial models and concepts,
- Performing analysis of data quality within model reporting tools
The above tasks will be assigned to you based on your experience and area of expertise but consideration will also be given to what you would like to focus on most during your internship.
- Master degree or PhD in one of the following areas: Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or an Engineering discipline,
- A strong technical background and an interest in quantitative analytics and financial modelling,
- The ability to form effective relationships with persons of various levels of technical capability,
- Very good communication skills in English (spoken and written),
- A logical and innovative mind-set,
- Availability of not less than 20 hours per week. (Limited to a maximum of 40 hours per week)
- 3 months paid internship in professional team and international environment
- The opportunity to be part of a leading Centre of excellence where a dynamic learning environment thrives career-path in an international organization,
- Flexibility in terms of working hours,
To apply for this position please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter in English using email, including the name of the position:
Applications sent to us will be taken into consideration only if they include the following statement:
“I hereby declare that I have familiarized myself with the Privacy Statement for Applicants published at http://www.about.hsbc.pl/careers and I hereby give consent for personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of recruitment in HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o. o. according to rules described in the Privacy Statement for Applicants, as per the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).”
In case you would like to resign from participation in recruitment process or withdraw previously sent to us application, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org